Categories: Estero

McDonald’s CEO warns of hit from boycotts | BBC News

McDonald's CEO warns of hit from boycotts | BBC News

McDonald’s said it was seeing a "meaningful" hit to business, as customers in the Middle East and elsewhere boycott the firm for its perceived support of Israel.

Chief executive Chris Kempczinski acknowledged the impact in a LinkedIn post, blaming the backlash on "misinformation".

In the weeks following the Hamas attack on Israel on October 7 last year, McDonald’s Israel said it had given away thousands of free meals to members of the Israeli military.

The moves sparked grassroots calls for boycotts of the brand by those angered by Israel’s military response in Gaza.

Subscribe here: http://bit.ly/1rbfUog

For more news, analysis and features visit: www.bbc.com/news

#McDonalds #Israel #Gaza #BBCNews

Redazione

Comments are closed.

Recent Posts

Brignone operata dopo la caduta ma c’è anche la rottura del crociato

VAL DI FASSA (ITALPRESS) – Una caduta che rischia di rovinare le Olimpiadi in casa di Federica Brignone. La 34enne…

43 minuti ago

Dazi, Lollobrigida “Non creare allarmismi”

ROMA (ITALPRESS) – “Trump ha raccontato un approccio che mette gli Stati Uniti in condizione di creare lavoro e ricchezza:…

44 minuti ago

Dall’11 aprile ‘L’elisir d’amore’ di Donzetti in scena al Teatro Massimo

PALERMO (ITALPRESS) – Sarà il maestro Gabriele Ferro, direttore onorario a vita del Teatro Massimo di Palermo, a dirigere da…

2 ore ago

How have global markets responded to Donald Trump’s tariffs announcement? | BBC Newscast

Today, we’re looking at how the global economy is responding to Donald Trump’s tariffs announcement. Adam is joined by Dharshini…

3 ore ago